Space and Events offers Penn student groups free, priority access to a diverse collection of facilities, including: board rooms classrooms, (for meetings, study groups, or rehearsals), performance halls, social gatherings, and event spaces, such as (Irvine Auditorium or Iron Gate Theatre), multipurpose rooms (in the Student Union @ Houston Hall, The Arts, Research and Culture House (ARCH), and other buildings), and outdoor spaces.
Click the venue button below to explore the 10 buildings and outdoor locations Space and Events manages for the Penn Community. Detailed information about dozens of rooms (size, capacity, potential uses and configurations) can be found to help students determine which spaces best fit their needs.
Penn Reservation Checklist
- Identify your Penn group (Student, University, or Faculty/Staff).
- Your event coordinator will contact you approximately two weeks before your event date to discuss all your event needs.
- Familiarize yourself with the policies provided below
Penn Eligibility & Scheduling
Penn Registrations prioritize Student Organizations, University Organizations, & Faculty/Staff Organizations in the following way:
- First Priority: Student organizations, those registered with the Office of Student Affairs, as well as University organizations, and having a membership consisting primarily of students, faculty, staff, or alumni
- Second Priority: Faculty/Staff organizations, recognized University departments conducting official University business
- Third Priority: Alumni organizations, recognized alumni groups brought together for a University-related activity
- Fourth Priority: Non-University organizations & Private clients (Currently we are not accepting reservations for Non-University organizations).
The University gives special scheduling preferences to certain groups:
- High Holiday Services: Irvine Auditorium for Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur
- Music Department: Irvine Auditorium Main Hall and Amado Recital Hall
- SPEC and NEC: Irvine Auditorium Main Hall reserves three dates each semester for the Social Planning and Events Committee (SPEC)
- Performing Arts Council: Iron Gate Theatre and the Houston Hall Auditorium for performances. Rehearsal priorities for the Iron Gate Theatre stage and rehearsal room, the Platt Rehearsal Hall and the Emily Sachs Dance Gallery in Irvine
- Traditional University Events: New Student Orientation, New Student Convocation, Family Weekend, Homecoming, Baccalaureate, Ivy Day, Alumni Weekend and various graduations