Space and Events offers Penn student groups, priority access to a diverse collection of facilities at no-cost, including: classrooms, (for meetings, study groups, or rehearsals), performance halls, social gatherings, and event spaces, such as (Irvine Auditorium or Iron Gate Theatre), multipurpose rooms (in the Student Union @ Houston Hall and other buildings), and outdoor spaces.
Click the spaces button below to explore the 10 buildings and outdoor locations Space and Events manages for the Penn Community. Detailed information about dozens of rooms (size, capacity, potential uses and configurations) can be found to help students determine which spaces best fit their needs.
Penn Reservation Checklist
- Identify your Penn group (Registered Student Organization, Penn Department, School, or Center).
- An event coordinator will reach out to you with as much lead time as possible prior to your event. Please note, the events team workload varies and this can impact the lead time.
- Familiarize yourself with the policies provided below.
Penn Eligibility & Scheduling
Space and Events prioritizes Registered Student Organizations, University Organizations, & Faculty/Staff Organizations in the following way:
- First Priority: Registered Student Organizations (all Registered Student Organizations must be registered with the Office of Student Affairs)
- Second Priority: Penn Departments, Schools, and Centers (recognized University departments conducting official University business)
- Third Priority: Alumni organizations sponsored by or in consultation with DAR (recognized alumni groups for a University-related activity)
- Fourth Priority: Non-University organizations & Private clients (Currently we are not accepting reservations for Non-University organizations)
The University gives special scheduling preferences to certain groups:
- High Holiday Services: Irvine Auditorium/Houston Hall for Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur
- Music Department: Irvine Auditorium
- SPEC and NEC: Irvine Auditorium/Houston Hall reserves three dates each semester for the Social Planning and Events Committee (SPEC)
- Performing Arts Council: Iron Gate Theatre and the Houston Hall Auditorium for performances. Rehearsal priorities for the Iron Gate Theatre stage and rehearsal room, the Platt Rehearsal Hall and the Emily Sachs Dance Gallery in Irvine
- Traditional University Events: New Student Orientation, New Student Convocation, Family Weekend, Homecoming, Baccalaureate, Ivy Day, Alumni Weekend and various Commencement Ceremonies